This is something that my family loves and somewhat resembles chili. I started making this a few years ago and I seem to always change it up a bit every time I make it. I thought today would be a perfect day to make it for everyone when they came in from hunting. This is a soup that you can put in the crock pot or finish it off on the stove top.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked on stove top.
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 3 peppers (yellow, green, and red)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 pouch (about 2 tbsp) tomato paste
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes (you can use plain or use some with seasoning)
- 1 cup/can of water
- 1 32oz beef stock container
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
I chop everything and dump it in my crock-pot and let it cook on high for about 5-6 hours. It’s that easy, simple, and delicious.
As I said, I have changed this up numerous time. I’ve added jalapeños, potatoes, celery is another good one to add in. Occasionally, I will add in a few red pepper flakes or some paprika to give it a bit of extra kick. I’ve also added in some hot sauce before. You can take this basic recipe and make it your own. Have fun with it!