I decided to try a new low carb sugar-free muffin recipe this week. They started out being blueberry, but decided to go a different direction about half way through the recipe when Faith said she wanted chocolate.
These were very easy and came together quickly. Like I said I altered the recipe at the last-minute to make them chocolate chip muffins instead of blueberry. Which was very simple, I just decided not to add lemon juice and blueberries.
Here we go….
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter either a mini muffin pan or a regular sized muffin tin, which every you prefer. I used mini at the last-minute, I thought they would be cute and more fun to eat!!
- Round up all your ingredients
- In a medium bowl mix together wet ingredients and then in a larger bowl mix together dry ingredients, don’t add your chocolate chips or berries until the end.
- Add wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients slowly. Mix until well combined.
- Once well combined, add in chocolate chips or berries.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp sugar or sugar substitute (I used Monkfruit) Splenda or Truvia would work great too
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (I used unsalted)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
If you want to do blueberries I would suggest adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice ( which is why you see the lemon juice in my above photo!!) and then 1 cup of frozen blueberries, if you use fresh berries just be careful not to smash them while folding them into the batter.
Scoop the batter in muffin pan and bake for 18-25 minutes (depends on size of muffins). For the mini muffins I baked for 18 minutes. For larger muffins, bake for 20-25 minutes.