These rolls are super easy and quick. I made these for the first time on Sunday night with our Italian Meatball dinner Italian style meatballs.
They are a basic fat head dough with a little ump! This dough recipe can be made up in about 5 minutes.
Pre-Heat oven to 400.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozarella
- 2 oz cream cheese
- Melt the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese together in a microwave safe bowl, about a 1 minute. Stir well to combine.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups aloud flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup asiago
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup bacon bits (optional)
- Combined about 1/4 cup almond flour, mixed well, then added 1 egg. I did this process until all the almond flour and eggs were combined well with the mozzarella and cream cheese.
- Add in the baking powder, parmesan, asiago, bacon bits (optional), and Italian Seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Grease a cast iron skillet well.
- Using either a large spoon or cookie scoop, scoop out dough and place in prepared cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with more garlic or parmesan, if you choose to.
- Place in pre-heated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Prepare garlic butter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup butter)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (you an also use chopped garlic cloves)
- 1 tsp Parsley
- Melt over stove top on low
- Pull the rolls out of the oven and pour the garlic butter right over the top of them or if you don’t want to have them sitting in butter and garlic just brush the garlic butter over the top!
Super simple recipe that I love because it can be varied so much. It’s easy to either use bacon bits or simply cut them out and have just plain garlic rolls. Add a little rosemary on top with the garlic butter. A lot of different variations to this recipe, get creative with it and make it your own!