As 2019 comes to a close I am like all of you….wondering what 2020 will bring and what I can do to make it a better year. This doesn’t mean 2019 was bad for me. I did accomplish a lot of things, but as always, maybe not quite as much as would like to. Whether it’s setting goals or resolutions…here are some top 10 that might help you along the way.
- Watch less tv
- Spend less time on social media (try this one for a week and see what happens)
- Read more books
- Get fit and healthy (always a resolution or goal of everyone!)
- Get organized
- Payoff debt
- Drink more water
- Drink less soda
- Get more sleep
- Keep your New Year’s Resolution
If you are not a resolution person but more of a goal person (like me) here are some great ones to help get you started.
- Get up earlier
- I like this goal because it is measurable! Set your alarm just 15 minutes earlier..if you are wanting to get up at 5am but currently get up at 6am. Start slow. The first week set you alarm for 5:45am. The second week set the alarm for 5:30am….and so on..you get it. Pretty soon it’s not hard to get up at 5am. Now what are you going to do with this extra hour???
- Maintain a regular fitness routine
- Since you are getting up earlier now, you can get in 30 minutes of a workout. Yes! Move your body 30 minutes every day. If you are not a morning workout person then use this time to reflect and meditate. Getting up first thing in the morning and spending that time on you (self-care) is important. Start your day off with what matters the most – YOU!
- Drink more water
- People…you should be drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces a day…yes half your body weight! So if you weigh 120lbs than you should be drinking 60 ounces of water a day. Start off first thing in the morning when you are getting up at 5am!!!
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep
- I get at least 7 hours of sleep a night! My body needs it and it lets me know if I don’t get it. Really 8 hours would be ideal for me but it’s usually not possible. I go to bed around 9:30/10:00pm and I am up at 5am every day!
- Start and maintain a regular diet
- Stay tuned….I am going to be posting more about healthy diet and lifestyle. I am a firm believe in “abs are made in the kitchen” slogan! It’s totally true. You can do a million sit ups and never get those six pack abs, but if you are working out and eating right (proportions) then you can develop those abs!
- Read more
- This is one on my list! I am a huge audible fan, but I would like to spend more time reading. I love the smell of a book – nothing can replace that. I like the feeling of the pages and plus…..sometimes just sitting in a comfy chair or couch in front of the fireplace with a good book and a cup coffee is the most amazing things ever! Find a good motivational book, romance, or crime book..what ever you are interested in….read more!
These are just some helpful tips to get you on your way! Happy New Year all! Be safe and be smart!!!