January is all about making resolutions, setting goals, and trying to stick with all of them. That’s the hard part – sticking to your goals/resolutions, especially now that we are mid-way through January.
It’s around the second or third week of January that people start to questions whether or not they can continue with their resolutions/goals. Why? Because it’s about this time that life returns to normal. People are back to work, kids are back in school, and activities are beginning to pick up again. We are beginning to get busy again. Life begins again. So people are now finding it hard to stick to those gym goals, weight loss goals, eating habits, trying to fix dinner every night, or maybe trying to write blog posts a few times a week! How are we going to stick with these goals or resolutions for the next 12 months? Have you asked yourself that question yet? What am I going to have to do to push through the non-result period? How am I going to keep going when I am not seeing results or feeling any results? It’s called having a reasonable routine and sticking with it. You have to create habits! You have to make small goals to get yourself through these tough periods. It takes 21-66 days to create an actual habit and we’ve only hit day 12! Don’t give up. Keep moving forward. Keep pushing yourself – set small goals. Did you work out 5 days this week….go reward yourself on Friday evening with a small sensible treat. Don’t blow your whole week of eating healthy or working out in one session in the kitchen. Remember you can eat what you want – just in the right proportions!
Here is an example of my morning routine – let me give you a hint…..it starts the night before!
- when I go to bed I set out my workout clothes by the bathroom
- I set the dishwasher to run so it’s read for me in the morning to empty
- 5:00am – alarm goes off
- 5:15am in the kitchen (with workout clothes on)
- Fixing my breakfast and fixing Grace’s lunch for the day
- Taking care of my cat (Patches) and dog (Dexter)
- Emptying the clean dishes from the dishwasher
- 5:30am eating my breakfast and drinking my first 25oz of water with lemon energize. I eat and watch the morning news.
- 6:00am getting out my workout mat and getting started on my workout – no gym required!
- 6:30am workout is over and coffee was set to brew around 6:15am so it’s waiting on me when I am ready.
- Between 6:30 and 7:00 I have a post workout meal (more on my meals later) and then sit and watch some news. Make sure kids are up and going – usually one is headed out the door
- 8:00am out feeding horses, chickens, and cats
- 8:30am inside for a shower and time to hit the rest of my day running
Without this morning routine I would not stick with my workout routine. Every time I don’t want to workout my routine takes over and guess what before I know it I am working out – even on those days I really don’t want to, trust me there are those days, and once I start going through the motions it all takes over and before I know it I am working out and feeling better.
If you would like more information on my workouts and how to join me and many others like you drop me a message! This works…it has worked for me for almost a year now and I believe it will work for you.
Here’s to making 2020 the best year!