Meatball are one of my families favorites foods. It’s perfect anytime of the year; summer, winter, spring, or fall. It’s definitely comfort food at it’s finest and this is a recipe is one that is completely versatile – put it in a crock pot, insta pot, stove top, or oven. Add any type of cheeses that one would want and even add breadcrumbs.
Being at home during this time with my family has led us to slow down and cook almost every meal, which I love. We have all been in the kitchen a lot more than ever before. Grace, who is not my baker or cook at all is even trying to make a few things off and on. She’s made some edible cookie dough and muddy buddies. Nothing too extravagant, but she’s trying! Fatih, on the other hand is wanting to bake anything and everything. She has set her eyes on a layer cake. Which is coming probably over the next week. You will need to check back and see what she decides to make me for my birthday.
Making meatballs is incredibly easy and I promise they are delicious. We like to serve these with rice, gluten free spaghetti noodles, zucchini noodles, or just eating them alone.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozerella
- 1 egg
- 1/4 onion diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to tast
- basil and parsley for garnish
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spry the bottom of a casserole dish and spread about 1/4 cup of marinara sauce across the bottoms.
- Combine beef, shredded cheeses, egg, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands. Use a cookie scoop to form meatballs. Arrange on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Put in 400 degree oven for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. At this point, you will want to drain the grease off the meatballs before proceeding.
- Top with marinara sauce and reserved cheeses – shredded mozzarella, parmesan, and asiago.
- Put back into the oven until cheese is melted..5-10 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy with rice, gluten free spaghetti, zucchini noodles, or just by themselves.